Monday, June 22, 2009

My Thoughts on Van Gogh


I documented the last few days I spent in London in my super-amazing little Moleskin travel planner. On one of these last days, I walked down to the National Gallery (the building which overlooks Trafalgar Square). I jotted down a few of my favorite artists, occassionally detailing what I felt when viewing the painting, or describing what it looked like (or both). I will write here exactly what I wrote in my planner concerning the six different Van Gogh portraits I saw.










Trees and Undergrowth.

- Greens --> yellow
- Touches of red, blue




















A Wheatfield with Cypresses.

-
Brilliant color
- Distinct lines





















Long Grass with Butterflies.

-
Chills









Sunflowers.

-
Hung for Gaugin
- Yellow = hope and friendship
- flowers messier















Two Crabs.

-
WTF












Van Gogh's Chair.

-
Chair of one color is so colorful.

- Blue, brown, orange, yellow, green












Okay, I just really wanted to show the Crab painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment